Google Ad Extensions are additional pieces of information that can be added to your Google Ads, enhancing your ad’s visibility and providing more relevant information to potential customers. Ad extensions can help improve your ad’s performance by making it more compelling, informative, and appealing to users. Google offers several types of ad extensions, and depending on your business goals, you can choose the ones that best suit your advertising needs. Here are some common types of Google Ad Extensions:
1. Sitelink Extensions: These allow you to add additional links to specific pages of your website, directing users to relevant landing pages. Sitelinks make your ad more prominent and give users more options to explore your website.
2. Callout Extensions: Callouts are short, descriptive phrases that highlight key selling points or unique offerings of your business. They help create a stronger value proposition and give users more reasons to click on your ad.
3. Call Extensions: Call extensions display your business phone number alongside your ad, enabling users to call your business directly from the ad with a click or tap.
4. Location Extensions: If you have a physical storefront or multiple locations, location extensions can show your business address, phone number, and a link to get directions to your store.
5. Structured Snippet Extensions: These extensions allow you to provide specific details about your products or services in a structured format. It can be used to showcase product categories, services, or features.
6. Price Extensions: Price extensions display your product or service offerings with their corresponding prices, allowing users to see pricing information directly in the ad.
7. Promotion Extensions: Promotion extensions enable you to highlight special offers, discounts, or promotions to entice users to click on your ad.
8. Affiliate Location Extensions: If you sell products through retail chains, affiliate location extensions can show nearby stores where your products are available for purchase.
Using ad extensions can increase your ad’s visibility, provide valuable information to potential customers, and encourage them to engage with your business. They also occupy more ad space on the search results page, potentially pushing competitors’ ads further down. To set up ad extensions, go to your Google Ads account, select the campaign you want to add extensions to, and click on the “Extensions” tab. From there, you can choose the type of extension you want to add and fill in the relevant details. Keep in mind that not all ad extensions are available for all ad formats or in all locations, so availability may vary based on various factors.